THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Friday, January 07, 2011

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of This Year's Resolutions

I rather dislike New Year's Resolutions.

It's simply another way for me to feel badly about my lack of accomplishment. (Yeah, whatever. I know I have four kids. You know what I mean.)

Having said that, here's my "If-I-never-had-to-sleep-or-tend-to-the-needs-of-my-four-children-or-those-of-my-darling-husband" list of New Year's Resolutions: (note the implied disclaimer)

*update blog more often
*re-do kids' rooms
*lose 15 pounds ("And this time, I'll keep it off!" - name that movie)
*play with kids more
*"play"with husband more - need I elaborate?
*plant beets in my garden this year
*find the courage to get a lumineer on my front tooth, which is dead and discolored and makes me not want to smile : (
*finish my 2009 (no, that's not a typo) scrapbook before 2012
*improve photography skills - maybe even take a c-c-c-c-class. In my spare time, of course.
*learn how to upload more easily said photos onto blog-- is it just me, or did this recently get harder? Anyone?
*put more energy into dinners
*make more friends (are there really ever enough?)
*pay more attention to Emerson - he's so his father's son...
*improve laundry "system" (read - fold it before it becomes Mt. Laundrymore and swallows a small child). P.S. I hate this one. It's on my list every year. Often, it's the ONLY thing on my list of stupid Resolutions. I've said it before - if I wasn't so irreplaceable I would fire myself.
*Lastly, figure out what the heck to do with myself before my youngest starts kindergarten in the fall (note to self: see above list.)

That was fun.

Now I'm going back to bed.

Wake me when it's over.

Oh wait, I just thought of one more thing for my list:

*find happiness in everything I do - even irritating things like stupid lists of New Year's Resolutions.

Good night.

No comments: