THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

My Little Sunshine Turns One!!



I can't believe my baby girl is already one year old!! That year flew by... We celebrated luau style with family and close friends. The weather was gorgeous and everyone had fun. Soli wasn't so into the messiness of her cake but, honestly, that's pretty typical for my kids...she fits right in. She has adjusted so easily to ebb and flow of our fun filled days. It's hard to remember a day without her. The kids have just a couple more weeks (10 days to be exact-Emerson informs me every day) of school, and then summer will be upon us!! We are planning to grab the kids out of school on the last day and hit the high road straight to Disney Land. We haven't been since Evie was a baby! I promised the kids that since we had a "small" Christmas (relatively speaking, of course) in Guatemala that we would take them to Disney Land when we got home. So we are making good on our promise. Dave is being a good sport by going along with the plan (he'd pretty much rather not do the whole D Land thing), and then we're taking a week to recover in Palm Springs. We can't wait for some quality R&R with our kiddos. Here are some fun pics of Soli's big day. I hope you are all happy and healthy. Please send thoughts of strength and good health to our dear friend Mike and his family, who was just diagnosed with a stage four, advanced carcinoma over his stomach and liver. Thanks for checking in. ~Heather


Good Morning my beautiful birthday girl!

A birthday dinner with Gramma and Grandpa.

I just love this birthday thing!! And I love my Miami Hurricanes Nemo from Gramma and Grandpa!!

Soli's favorite part about opening presents was eating the tissue paper. Her favorite toy, you ask? The instructions to her Wee Sing microphone...hours of entertainment!

Soli's cake - I was so excited about the hibiscus candle!

Daddy the grillmaster.

The "other" cake for the rest of us.

Sister cousins: Kylie, Payton (just 3 weeks old), Evie, and Soli (Kylie and Payton are my sister's daughters)

Sissies!!

I just love my birthday!!

Soli wasn't too sure about her cake...

So Evie stepped in to lend a hand...

But in the end the sticky frosting proved too much for our little birthday girl! "Mommy, I got messies on my finger!"

Nothing a dip in the jacuzzi didn't take care of!

Ni-night my birthday girl! I love you, mi nena!

No comments: