THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Child, My Treasure

Cole's teacher asked us to write a letter to our kiddos for their memory books. It turned out sweet, so I thought I'd share it.


My Child, My Treasure
Remember When…
Remember when you were one and you fell and knocked your front tooth out? You were missing that tooth until you were six. Remember when you had E. Coli in Mexico? You were just a baby and so, so sick. It was scary to see you so sick. But you were tough, and you pulled through. Thank goodness for antibiotics.
Remember when you were two and we lived in Montana? You loved to throw rocks in the river. Morgen would try to chase them but they would sink too quickly. You thought that was so funny.
Remember when you were three and you learned to ride a two wheeler? I remember how cute you were riding around and around the park with Daddy jogging after you. You were so proud and so were we.
Remember the time you pulled the sword from the stone at Disneyland? You were four then. I’ll never forget that smile on your face.
Remember when you were five and we let you eat as much Halloween candy as you wanted? Then remember how you threw it all up in the bathtub? I think you learned a valuable lesson that day.
Remember that time you were six and we went camping in Death Valley? Daddy let you sit on his lap and drive the Scout. You would have driven up that trail for hours if the sun had stayed in the sky.
Remember when you were seven and you crashed on your dirt bike? You had road pizza on your elbow and your hip and you were mad that Daddy took a picture. I bet you’re glad now. I know I am.
Remember when you were eight and O’brien died? That was a sad time for us. You said you were sad because you weren’t there to save him. You have such a big heart.
Remember when you were nine and we took you sailing in Panama? Remember the tuna you caught for our dinner? It was one of the best meals we had that whole trip.
Remember when you were ten and you got picked up by the Policia in Guatemala for playing soccer on the neighbor’s property? That day gave me a few grey hairs.
My sweet boy, we probably don’t tell you enough how proud we are of the wonderful, generous, brave, smart, sincere, and loving person you are.
Remember always how much we treasure you. We love you so much.
~ Mom and Dad

3 comments:

math jedi said...

that's beautiful! :)

dave.heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dave.heather said...

Coleman said...

I LOVE U TOO MOM AND DAD!!!!!!