THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Happy Birthday Evie!!

Evie turned four on Christmas Eve. But since that tends to be a rather busy day for everyone we had her party on the 23rd. This year Evie opted for a Dora theme which I thought seemed rather appropriate! So we had a jumpy house, pizza and a pinata. Thankfully, our complex has ready-made party goers available at no extra charge! We had close to 20 kiddos attending the festivities! The weather was beautiful and it turned out to be a very fun, low stress day.


I had brought Christmas sprinkles with us from the states to make Christmas cookies. Since I knew we wouldn't need them all for cookies I thought I'd be rather efficient and let Evie use some to decorate her birthday cake. Apparently, I wasn't quite clear enough about the SOME part...Before I knew it she and Emerson had covered her cake with every last sprinkle that I had brought!! That was one crunchy cake! We skipped the Christmas cookies this year, and no one (not even Santa) seemed to mind...


The "big kids" giving the "little kids" a turn in the jumpy house. ~Savannah, Austin, Clay, Cole, Charlotte, and Eliana.


My beautiful birthday girl.


"I wish I had just a few more sprinkles for my cake!"


Grace, Aspen, Calla, Evie, Reagan, Quintin and Delaney.


Evie takin' a swing at Dora's "backpack, backpack".


Assessing her pinata bounty...


"I'm just about too cool for Dora birthday parties, but I guess I'll stick around for the candy."


I told Dave that Soli could have a "taste" of banana (she's hardly ever had any solids). Next time I looked over she was gnawing on half a banana in the peel. (Oh how those peels stain!)


Emerson and Jhonathan ( pronounced Yonathan) are two peas in a pod. Neither speaks the other's language and yet they hang out all day and have a great time together. I guess they both speak the universal language of Kid.


Happy birthday my sweet, 4 year old girl! I love you so much, Sissy!
Wow! That's a lot of kids!

No comments: