THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

My Very Favorite Person...


I met Dave 11 years ago on the Rio Dulce in Guatemala. The night we met I had no place to stay. He scooped me up and kept me safe and has been doing so ever since. He is the most selfless person I know and has always supported me in following my heart no matter how seemingly crazy the direction. Most recently he has supported me on this crazy adventure called adoption. He was content with three, but being the selfless man that he is, he consented to my plea for "just one more". Of course, when he signed on he didn't know that I would be taking our three older kids to live in Guatemala, leaving him to fend for himself and run our business for an undetermined length of time. But, true to form, he has maintained a loving, supportive attitude about it all. I don't know if he will ever know how appreciative I am for the sacrifices he makes to allow me to live my life so fully. He means the world to me. I love you, Dave. ~H

No comments: