THIS BLOG WAS BORN WHILE WE AWAITED THE ARRIVAL OF OUR BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL. IT HAS GROWN INTO A COLLECTION OF FAMILY MEMOIRS...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

New Pics of our Baby Girl!






We just received these most recent pics of our baby girl. They were taken by her pediatrician at her last well baby visit on the 21st of September. She is 4 1/2 months old and weighs 13.2 pounds. Her foster mother says she is smiling and laughing all the time and she rolls in one direction. (I think that's what she said...) Her hair is growing as fast as she is, and she is just so darling. Evie and I leave a week from tomorrow to spend 6 days with her. I'm so looking forward to it. I'm desperate to figure out her name. The kids all vote for Gabriella. I just don't know if I can do such an up and coming name. Dave just learned that his great grandmother's name was Amelia so now we're considering that name, too. Honestly! I don't remember it being so hard!! Any ideas??? Anyone? Anyone? Here's the current list in no particular order: Mari Soleil, Soleil Damaris, Gabriella Damaris, Amelia Damaris, Mari Annlie (sp?), Mari Amelia. For anyone who doesn't know...Damaris is her given name (named by the attorney handling her case). Mari is a shortened form of Damaris and means "wished for child". Annlie is a combination of our moms' middle names. Amelia is Dave's great grandmother's name. And we just like Soleil and Gabriella. Other names that I like, but that I haven't been able to push through "congress" are: Ruby, Rose, Lilirose, and Susannah. It's really killing me not having it figured out!!! I need help! ~H

No comments: